We all know that the best things in life are free. So when it comes to an online medium like web development, why spend your hard earned money with all the free knowledge available at your fingertips?
24 Ways — The advent calendar for web geeks.
A Detailed PSD to HTML Tutorial — Learn how to design web layouts in Adobe Photoshop and convert them into responsive HTML websites.
Become a Programmer, Motherf#cker — If you don’t know how to code, then you can learn even if you think you can’t.
Coderwall — The latest development and design tips, tools, and projects from our developer community.
First Aid git — A searchable collection of the most frequently asked Git questions.
Flywheel Resources & E-books — All things web design, WordPress & Flywheel.
freeCodeCamp — Learn to code and help non-profits.
Front end standards—A little online book about a shared understanding of front-end development best practice.
FutureLearn — Free online courses from top universities and specialist organisations.
Getting Started with Vim — An interactive guide.
HTML5 Mobile Pro — A self-taught course about mobile web app development with HTML5 and specifically devices using WebKit-based browsers.
IT Unplugged — IT resources without the BS.
Open Source eBooks — Learn more about open source and the growing open source movement.
Open Source Guide — A community guide for open source creators.
Python Books — The best free Python resources.
Scrimba — A community of developers sharing knowledge through interactive coding screencasts.
Servers for Hackers — What programmers need to know about servers.
Style Manual — The rules of punctuation.
The Data Driven Daily — Helping you make better decisions using data.
Thinking in Object Oriented Design — 5-day email course.
Web Developer’s Handbook 2.0 — A collection of useful links.
Web Font Anti-Patterns — Clarifies existing practices (good and bad) and guide you towards better web font usage.
ZURB Library — An arsenal of tools and knowledge accumulated since 1998.
It should go without saying that there is also plenty of inspiration/information that you can find with enough digging around from the following usual suspects…
- Being Boss — Mindset, Habits, Tactics, and Lifestyle for Creative Entrepreneurs.
- CodePen Radio — All about what it’s like running a small web software business.
- Design Details — A show about the people who design our favourite products.
- Does Not Compute — A weekly chat about the lives and workflows of modern web developers.
- Frontside — Advice from the Frontside Studio.
- Immutable — A short, weekly show about design and development.
- Layout — A weekly podcast about design, technology, programming and everything else.
- Orthogonal — A show about finance, freelance and being better at both.
- Responsive Web Design — Interviews with the people who make responsive redesigns happen.
- Smart Passive Income — Weekly interviews, strategy, and advice for building your online business.
- The Web Ahead — Conversations with world experts on changing technologies and future of the web.
- UI Breakfast — Conversations about UI/UX design, products & marketing.
- Unmistakeable Creative — Unlearn everything you know about life and business.
- User Interface Engineering — Specialising in web site and product usability.
- Viewsources — Front-End Development & Web Design.
- Addy Osmani
- Andy Hume
- Chen Hui Jing
- Darcy Clarke
- Hugo Giraudel
- Irakli Nadareishvili
- James Steinbach
- Jen Simmons
- Justine Jordan
- Kent Dodds
- Laura Kalbag
- Marcy Sutton
- Monica Dinculescu
- Rachel Nabors
- Sara Soueidan
- Stefan Baumgartner
- Umar Hansa
- Zach Holman
- Alex Carpenter
- Creative Freelance Life
- David Kadavy
- Digital Telepathy
- Ellarr Admin
- Front End Center
- Front Porch Conference
- Google Chrome Developers
- It’s Nice That
- Justin Seeley
- Khan Academy
- Kochie’s Business Builders
- Lisa Catalano
- Maex & Sketchapp TV Tutorials
- Python Training by Dan Bader
- Retutpro — Photography & Photoshop Tutorials
- Richard Stibbard — Web Development Tutorials
- Sass Bites
- SeleniumConf UK
- Siimon Reynolds
- The Coding Train
- Tom Peters
- Totally Tooling Tips
- Tuts+ Code
- Zeno Rocha
… and of course, this website!